Compaction is used to increase the density of materials by two methods:
- Static force.
- Vibratory (dynamic force).
- Compaction costs approx. 4% of the total construction cost. It is very important for the quality of the finished structures. It is often ignored which results in cracks & high maintenance costs.
- Compaction depends on the type of soil, moisture (water content), the compaction method & the performance of the compaction / vibration equipment.
- Vibratory Double Drum Walk-Behind Rollers:
Used for the compaction of sand, gravel and non-cohesive soils and also used for small asphalt jobs.
- Double drum roller Diesel: 730kg, 24kN 2.5 Tons
- Double drum roller Diesel: 950kg, 25kN 3.0 Tons.
- VIBRATOR (CONCRETE VIBRATOR): Petrol engine driven.
- Engine - Petrol.
- Vibrator Shaft: 6 meters long.
Different diameters are available: 25, 32, 38, and 48mm.
NOTE: If the Vibrator Shaft Diameter used is too large, wooden formwork may collapse & if too small then correct concrete vibration will not be achieved. It is important to order the correct shaft.